Sunday, September 07, 2008

Board

So, we both enjoy a good board game with good company, but the ones we have are getting a little...boring.

This is what we currently have in our repertoire:


And, although, we don't own it, we also like The Farming Game


But we are seeking suggestions on more board games. Who knows of a a great board game we can try out?

14 comments:

allegra said...

settlers of catan?! man, i lOVE that game. that one never gets boring. ever! a classic one is monopoly- it's fun every once in awhile!

although it's not a board game, "killer bunnies" is kind of a quirky, fun card game that is most fun played with lots of friends.

Maria said...

Sorry I am not a fan of games...but I do like candyland or chutes and ladders...ha!

Emily said...

Life is always fun! I can't believe you left that one out!! I am offended.

Lauren and Trevor said...

So fun to read your blog. It always makes me happy!
I have been into word games lately for some reason. Have you ever heard of Quiddler or Banana-gram? They are fun if you like word games.
Love ya, Lauren

L said...

"San Juan", "Carcasonne", and "Hey, That's my fish" are some great ones! We haven't played it yet, but I have heard "Pandemic" is also way fun. Good luck!

Logan and Traci Wood said...

Hey Hoff's...we haven't heard from you for a while. Thank goodness for blogs to keep us posted on your life and the life of games. We sure miss playing late evening games with you when Syd and Kelan went to sleep and even when they didn't. Anyway, check out our blog to get updated on our recent evacuation from Hurricane IKE to San Antonio...fun stuff. We are just chillin' up here acting like we are on a vacation. Once the storm hits early tomorrow we'll find out more on how our area survives. From the news though it isn't lookin that great from the storm surge. It is already flooding on the beaches and in some parts of Houston. Don't know much about our small town though.

Em said...

There's a catalog called Simply Fun that sells super fun games that I've never heard of before. My mom in law has a bunch of 'em and we've had a blast playing new stuff besides Taboo and Monopoly. Plus they sell games that two can play.

But out of store bought games, I LOVE Beyond Balderdash. Turbo Cranium is pretty fun, too.

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

I love the train game! I have only played it once, but I won, so naturally I liked it since I never win anything! I am a big Scatagories fan, but I like word games so... if you don't you wouldnt like that one. We need to find some fun games too. Let me know what you find!

Al and Eli said...

I have nothing to say about games, although I'll add one from Al; Farkle a game with six dice, he'd have to explain it to you. Don't kid yourself, they do sell it as an actual game. But what I had to say was, Josh, I didn't know you were a freelance photographer working for some "East coast" magazine...that's why you really moved out to VA isn't it? Trying to hide it from us...I'm too clever for your charades Mr. Seriously your pictures make me drool! The other ones make me wish I lived in Boston, there would be so much to take pictures of. Or England...ahh what a dream. What kind of camera do you use, or are you keeping that a secret too? ;)
LUVS

shannon said...

Pictionary is a classic.
MadGab is fun and also Catch Phrase!

Liz & Jeff Dennis said...

I have never heard of any of these games..LOL

Here is my blog! Love Ya

Aubrey Noelle said...

well hmph. how do i follow your blog? i don't see a little place...

Angie said...

We always play Sequence, Yahtzee, and Farkle. I've heard of a game called Alhambra that people love, never played it though.

Weavers said...

Long time no see...I like your Big Apple and princess story. I'm sorry your flight was canceled!! I love NYC.

We have loved St. Petersburg, we played hey that's my fish once and it's a fun fast paced game, and I love Princes of Flourence and Trans America (a really FAST paced, easier ticket to ride kind of game).

Hope you guys are still liking it there in VA,I miss it there! Looks like you guys are always up for fun and are happy.